Manual Precision Grinder
Location: Cleveland, OH
ATI Aviation Services is a full-service, self-contained, FAA/EASA-approved landing gear maintenance, repair, and overhaul facility in Cleveland, Ohio, centrally located in North America.
ATI was founded in 2001 with the strategic vision of offering a full range of on-site services designed to meet mission-critical landing gear and component requirements for commercial, military, and regional aircrafts. All components are processed in our 55,000-square foot facility, allowing ATI to take full accountability and responsibility for our clients’ repairs with reliable and timely turnaround, while passing the cost savings on to our clients.
Summary: Seeking experienced full time manual precision grinder for landing gear components.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience
Job Type: Full time employee
Location: Cleveland, OH
- A professional, positive and team player attitude a must.
- Ability to adapt in changing environment and changing priorities.
- Experienced with Norton grinders both O.D. and I.D.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs and change out different fixtures.
- Set up and operate one or more grinding machines to grind aerospace parts to blueprint specifications.
- Follow blueprints, job orders, cmm repair manuals and written or verbal instructions for product specifications such as finishes, dimensions, tolerances, holding fixtures and grinding wheels to be used.
- Dresses wheel to specifications using appropriate techniques for radiuses and reliefs.
- Observes overall operation and performs regular daily maintenance on equipment and work area.
- Fill out production paperwork and inspection procedures as required.
- Report any problems or discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Maintain tools, fixtures, gages and equipment in a clean orderly and safe manner.
- Complies with company policies and procedures giving attention to safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a willingness and capacity to learn more skills, including but not limited to future grinding machines, possible CNC controls.
- Working in a tight tolerance environment. ( +/- 0.001 to 0.003)
- Experienced with grinding chrome and nickel plating.
- Experience with grinding hardened materials 180-250 ksi.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- MUST PASS DRUG/ALCOHOL TESTING.